There are no Upcoming Events

Condividi contenuti

Request For Comments: Age Creation Process

7 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Robert The Rebuilder
Ritratto di Robert The Rebuilder
Iscritto: 23 Giu 2008

Shorah, Messengers!

I've just completed a write-up on the entire age creation process on the Guild of Writers Wiki, starting from an idea and continuing on through multiple releases of the age. I listed the Messengers as a crucial way to circulate news about the availability of the age, but I'm not quite sure I got the steps correct on how to submit an announcement to you all. If you have a moment, please look it over and let me know what to change.

Here's the link to the article:

http://guildofwriters.com/wiki/Turning_Ideas_Into_Ages

Szark
Ritratto di Szark
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
Iscritto: 12 Gen 2008

Hi ya Rob, thanks for asking. I found a couple of things that are not right.

They will then post your announcement on a variety of forums,Actually this service is primarily only for really big stuff like RAD and Cyan, MORE related stuff. So I think we should leave this out. I would like other messengers comments on this also.

email it to everyone subscribed to their news feed.Not exactly how it works, not an e-mail, well not for me. Users would subscribe to the RSS feed by clicking the RSS feed logo and saving it like a favourite web link and acts like a basic text only webpage. That is how mine is set up.

So for the propsed changes. I would like a second constructive opinion on this, from my fellow messengers please.

Szark

Quote:
Have the Guild Of Messengers announce it. Post a short write-up of your age to the Submit News section of the Guild of Messengers forum, requesting that they spread the news. No forum account is necessary. A Messenger will then validate and upload the post to the user subscribed GoMe RSS feed for you. The post will also appear on the GoMe’s front page. Your post may also be incorporated into either a GoMe production or an affiliate’s production. For full instructions on the Submit News section can be found here in the Vocational FAQs under the title How Do I Submit News?.
Al'Kaera
Ritratto di Al'Kaera
Iscritto: 6 Lug 2008
Robert The Rebuilder wrote:
Shorah, Messengers!
I've just completed a write-up on the entire age creation process on the Guild of Writers Wiki, starting from an idea and continuing on through multiple releases of the age.

Shorah right back at ya Robert.
Very grande of you to grace these Messenger pages. I'll leave the 'how to let the GoMe know' points to the veterans here, I think Szark nailed it tho, but would like to say that the subject lead in 'Turning_Ideas_Into_Ages' and link should probably land on our Newsletter for October.
We'll see how the other folks here feel about it. There may be an interview solicited to go along with the acticle. Stand by. :) awhile. :lol:
AlKaera

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Robert The Rebuilder
Ritratto di Robert The Rebuilder
Iscritto: 23 Giu 2008

Thanks for the re-written instructions, Szark! I've incorporated them into the Wiki article.

Andros
Ritratto di Andros
Messenger
Iscritto: 29 Ott 2007

I really like it Robert.
ps: I added Al's suggestion to the brainstorming/ideas for articles thread.
I suggest to anyone who has an idea for an article to "copy" your post or idea in that thread also. Otherwise, i can't promise you that your good idea will be remembered by me and hunting for articles. ;)

Kalypso: #85553

Szark
Ritratto di Szark
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
Iscritto: 12 Gen 2008
Quote:
Thanks for the re-written instructions, Szark! I've incorporated them into the Wiki article.

My pleasure RtR. I am glad to help.

Butlin
Iscritto: 20 Set 2008

Ok...i am completely lost here. I have been searching every website i can find trying to find out how to play the online game. So far all i can figure out is that game tap shut it down and now people are trying to get it back online. Is it already back online? If so how in the heck do i access it?

SeerJustice
Iscritto: 24 Ago 2008
Butlin wrote:
Ok...i am completely lost here. I have been searching every website i can find trying to find out how to play the online game. So far all i can figure out is that game tap shut it down and now people are trying to get it back online. Is it already back online? If so how in the heck do i access it?

Shorah Butlin,
The next URU Online will be called "MORE"(Myst Online: Restoration Experiment) when it comes out, Cyan's announcement is/was to release it anytime now to December. *hopefully*
You are not the only one waiting for it to open, I am too :) and many other's.
When the time comes for the server to be operational, dont worry... all the Myst & URU forums will have there little posts ready to notify member's.

See you later.